We’ve updated all the membership lists and placed a new password on the Members Only page. Please see your email for the password. It was sent on July 24th with the title “New Password”.
See the latest windknots in our Members Only section. Remember the next meeting won’t be until September.
The June & July Windknots have been posted to the members only page. There’s a new password… check your email.
When: Sunday, 7-22-18 from 3 PM to 8 PM.
Where: See your email
Who: Club Members, Spouses, and Family.
- Picnic and Barbeque. Sirloin Beef Hamburgers, Hi-Grade Hot Dogs;
- Attendees (Last Names A to M) bring Salads, and Side Dishes.
- Attendees (Last Names N to Z) bring Desserts,
- Bottled Water and Soda Provided by OFFC
- Bottled Wine Drawing for Spouses. Thanks to Steve Foisie.
- John Silvey and Terry Sanchez need volunteers for set up, food service, and take down. Please contact us at (John) and (Terry) to let us know who can support which area.
- Casting & Accuracy Course, and Distance Casting Events.
- Bill Wheeler needs volunteers for set-up, scorekeeping, and take-down. Please contact him.
- Garage Sale – Starts at 5:30
–Bring your unwanted gear.
–Tables will be set up for you to sell your stuff
–Bring dollar bills for change; ones and fives
- Activity Tables – Starts at 8:00
–Alaska Trips by Dick Lange
–Fly Line Care by Leland Miawaki
–Campbell Tree Farm by Rich O’Connell
–Tie-Fast Knot Tool by Bruce Tyson
–Fishing Maps application by Jim Speaker
Mary Ann is a Fly Fishers International Master Casting Instructor and is a member of the FFI Casting Board of Governors. Her first fly fishing experience was in 1995 in Yellowstone Park and her passion for the sport took hold. When her high-tech career wound down after 20 years, Mary Ann opted to pursue her passion for fly fishing and share it with others. Mary Ann has been teaching & guiding for 10 years in Oregon and Idaho. She currently guides full-time in Central Oregon for the Fly Fishers Place in Sisters, Oregon. She loves to introduce new anglers to fly fishing or take anglers’ skill to that next level. Her love and finesse of casting has put her on the Winston Pro-Staff Team. Mary Ann is available for casting instruction, fly fishing workshops, and presentations.
Dave Dozer had a fishing rod in his hand as soon as he could walk, and caught his first fish, a carp on a night-crawler, at the age of 4. His father had an old bamboo fly rod in Dave’s hands by the time he was 8, and he was tying his own flies at the age of 10. Over the past 40 years, Dave has fished extensively across northern California, Oregon, eastern Washington and central British Columbia. Several years ago, Dave focused his efforts towards learning the art and craftsmanship of building bamboo fly rods. He now designs and builds custom bamboo fly rods under the company name of Bamboo Pursuits. He also offers bamboo rod building classes where he mentors one or two students through the rod building process.
Their presentation at the club meeting will be “Building a Bamboo Fly Rod”. Mary Ann will share her experiences with building her first bamboo fly rod last year, and Dave will help fill in some of the technical details of how bamboo fly rods are made today.