Cleanup/Outing Date and Time
September 7 – 8:00AM to 2:00 PM
Outing Start and Stop Locations – If you are floating the river
Start: Ben Howard Boat Launch at 8AM
Stop: Monroe Bridge Boat Launch at 2PM
We are combining a conservation stream cleanup with a fishing outing. We will have two or three drift boats to help load up with stream trash – tires, float tubes, rubber inner tubes, beer and coke cans and bottles, and any other trash that can easily be removed from the river. We hope that you will bring your cat-raft, pontoon boat, Avon style inflatable, or drift boat, and float the river with us. We will hit the Pink hot spots as we float down the river, and we expect to reach the Monroe Bridge Boat Launch site by 2PM. I expect that we will stop about half way down and have lunch and fish. The club will be providing hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, condiments, and cold drinks. (You bring your own alcohol beverages).
Outing Launch and Pull out Locations
Directions from downtown Monroe to the Ben Howard Boat Launch
- From the Main East West Road thru Monroe – Route 2 – Drive South on Lewis Street, Route 203), through downtown Monroe and go over the Skykomish River Bridge.
- Drive south about a half mile from Route 2.
- Turn LEFT onto Ben Howard Road (0.2 miles after the bridge)
- Stay on Ben Howard about three miles to the boat launch. If you start to go up a hill, you just passed the Ben Howard boat launch.
- Launch your boat and either park your car there, or shuttle it down to Monroe Bridge Boat Launch.